• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Give me your 5 most useful apps

BeyondPod Pro
Jorte
Evernote
vRecorder (records phone calls)
Chrome Browser
Google+

I use REMEMBER THE MILK but I am having a REALLY hard time justifying paying for a pro account. Do you guys think its worth it? $25 bucks is QUITE steep and definitely would be the most expensive app I ever purchased.
i dunno if i could do that. i have heard of the app, never used it, but it seems pretty cool. just dont think i could justify $25 unless it gave me coupons for everything or something like that.

Upvote 0
BTW, I heard that Google+ and Google Talk are battery hogs on other threads. Is that true? I don't use them much, but signed out and closed them after hearing that.

Use BetterBatteryStats to find out if Google+ or other apps are constantly waking your phone from sleep mode and thereby killing your battery. I found that Google+ was really bad about keeping my phone awake even when the screen was turned off, so I dropped the app and just use the web browser to check Google+ (and Facebook which was another bad offender).

PS - you can get a BBS for free on XDA.

While I don't use BBS all the time and therefore left it off my top 5 list, I love this app and used it to really increase my Galaxy Nexus's battery life. IMHO, it's not enough to see which app is drawing power and BBS allows you to see which apps are keeping your phone from sleeping when the screen is turned off. Without sleep, any Android device will have greatly diminished battery power. Proper sleep is essential to getting the most out of your phone's battery.

Upvote 0
i dunno if i could do that. i have heard of the app, never used it, but it seems pretty cool. just dont think i could justify $25 unless it gave me coupons for everything or something like that.

You know what, I found Any.DO task/to-do-list app and it does exactly what I need very well, and its the slickest looking to do app out there. Oh yeah, its free also!

One feature it has is when you miss a call, it prompts you to call back now, remind to call later, call tomorrow, and dismiss. Try it out, its a great app and has become one of my most used app since installing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones