1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Giving credit where it's due

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by michaelkahl, Nov 12, 2010.

1. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    IT
    As a Droid Incredible owner I must that the Droid 2 screen is VERY sharp and makes mine look soft. My wife is very happy with the phone and the battery is impressive. I got her the desk dock tonight and she loves it too.
    Would I trade my phone for it? No, I'm waiting for a 4g Windows Phone 7 device with front facing camera to show up on vzw :) Busted!

Advertisement

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    Yay

Boooooooo

3. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy

Feb 6, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Illinois
    Be prepared to be have a device plagued with flaws. They're too busy suing Motorola to focus on there devices.

(I'm a Motorola Fanboy :))

4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student
    Philadelphia, PA
    Windows Phone 7 UI is whack. My Uncle has one and regrets buying it (lol he loves my DROID2:)).

Have fun with it!.......

5. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    IT
    It's all personal preference. I think having X-Box Live integration is one of the best features on the phone. I think you can expect Microsoft to throw big $ at this platform like they did with the X-Box platform.
    Will it knock the socks off Android? Probably not, and if it does it will be a generation or two before we see that progress. Verizon has done a good job of marketing the Droid line to get Google's name out there.
    It seems that everyone with an Android phone identifies themselves as having a "Droid" even though it's technically in that line up.
    As for Windows Phone 7 devices? I look to the up and coming Sprint Touch Pro 7 and hope that it will come to Verizon. Otherwise I'd hope that Samsung releases a Galaxy S type form factor on Verizon with Windows on it.
    But none of this has happened, so I'll just keep an eye on the platform. In all honesty I may not like what I see in the coming months are will be really impressed with Androids direction. Who knows?

To get back on topic, my wife is loving her Droid 2 and is bragging to all her friends about it. I got her the multimedia dock for her bed side and she was amazed by it.

6. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yeah the dock is really nice. I love mine too.

7. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    I love front facing cameras for all the chatrouletting I do on my phone. Kinda hard to take actual pics when you can't see the screen.

Glad you like the D2 - I can't wait to see what's next in the "D" generation.