1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Giving driod to my son, do I need to wipe

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boatman, Feb 8, 2011.

1. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast

Ok. My son's HTC TP2 bit the dust. Found out the insurance on it to replace with refurb is $90 deduct. Already got 2 droid 2s for $200, so figured I can give him one of those or my droid 1.

I have lots of programs on both of them that he would probably want. If I just re activate on his number, I know the phone will work. He can delete my gmail account and put his on there.

Do all the programs on the phone then re register to his market account, in other words, if he got a new droid and activated would it download them.

Or should I do a wipe, have him re register, then download all those programs again.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

He can't just delete your GMail account from the phone. The primary GMail account that you register with the phone is tied into many different things such as WiFi access point settings, Market apps, Calender, etc, and the only way to get it off would be to do a wipe and have him sign in with his GMail account and download whatever apps he needs from the Market.

boatman likes this.
  3. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast

Appreciate it. BTW, what is the best way to move the SD card. The card has apps intalled on it, etc. Use the phone to format it? Or can I just leave it and let him use phone as is?

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews