• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Giving my rooted phone to my bro, what should I do?

duratime

Android Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2010
Cali
Sprint is allowing me to upgrade again, and my younger brother has been bugging for a new phone. I have a brand new BB bold for him, but he wants an android. It makes sense for me to keep the BB for a back-up for one of my employees. My question is, I have rooted the phone and installed EF02 on it. To be honest, I think the phone works real well this way, but I'm worried about leaving it this way. My brother has no geek abilities, and will be going back to college soon. Do you think I should return the phone back to EC05 or keep it at EF02?
Thanks

Sprint is allowing me to upgrade again, and my younger brother has been bugging for a new phone. I have a brand new BB bold for him, but he wants an android. It makes sense for me to keep the BB for a back-up for one of my employees. My question is, I have rooted the phone and installed EF02 on it. To be honest, I think the phone works real well this way, but I'm worried about leaving it this way. My brother has no geek abilities, and will be going back to college soon. Do you think I should return the phone back to EC05 or keep it at EF02?
Thanks

I would say ODIN back to EC05...unless there are any apps that you have shown him that he may want to use. That way he can get the official EFxx update.

Reactions: duratime
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones