• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Giving up hope for an update to my 8013

Stoney62

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
I've been pretty happy with my stock 4.1.2 8013 until my Directv App stopped working. Seems the newly updated app requires Android 4.2 or higher. I've been looking through XDA for a suitable ROM to flash, but it appears most of the developers are doing 5.1 ROMS which seem to be pretty much Unstable betas. Hoping to find some of you experts who might be able to suggest a suitable, i.e. stable ROM to meet my needs. I had rooted my tab some time ago but had to go to stock to get the 4.1.2 update. I have had some experience flashing ROMs on a number of my Android phones, so I"m not a complete newbie to flashing ROMs except on my 8013. I hate to think I might have to buy a new tablet $$$$$. Again, any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones