• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gizmo5 Service to End April 3, 2011

riffdex

Android Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2010
Just got this message about my Gizmo5 account...

Hello,

Gizmo5 is writing to let you know that we will no longer be providing service starting on April 3, 2011. A week from today, March 11, 2011, you will no longer be able to add credit to your account.

Although the standalone Gizmo5 client will no longer be available, we have since launched the ability to call phones from within Gmail at even more affordable rates.

Thank you,

The Gizmo5 Team

I know there are many Android users who use Gizmo5 for their SIP service... Idk about you guys but I am very disappointed :/ I have been using Gizmo for a while now for my SIP provider and now they are taking it away? What's worse, they suggest I use the Gmail calling instead... that's not even a SIP service! There's some speculation that Google is doing this because they are now planning to roll out a true VOIP solution soon. Only time will tell, but what do you guys think? Anyone as upset about this as I am, or am I the only one lol? I am very disappointed if you leave me without a SIP service Google! o_O

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones