1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Glad i bought the arc

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ukjets, May 16, 2011.

1. ukjets

ukjets Newbie

I was in two minds whether to buy the arc or wait for the samsung galaxy s2,which everybody was saying was going to be the best phone with its dual core processor.

I have just been to the galaxys2 forum and i can honestly say that i am very glad i went for the arc.

I have had it for a month now and am still very happy with it, and have had no problems, the battery life is a lot better than my old desire, although i would like to get a spare battery.

But it seems like the people who bought the galaxy s2 are having quite a few problems compared to the people who have gone for the exalent sony ericsson xperia arc, if these forums are anything to go by.:cool:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zafonic

zafonic Android Enthusiast

If you head over to the (Sony Ericsson support forum), you will see that there are a fair few disgruntled customers to say the least.

Pleased to hear your enjoying your Arc anyway.

3. ukjets

ukjets Newbie

I will have to go and have a look, i wa going by my experience, and because there is not many complaints on this forum.

4. zafonic

zafonic Android Enthusiast

Well yes, this forum does seem rather quiet which I find a bit surprising. I was hoping for a lot more activity, with people giving there experiences of the Arc good or bad.

5. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert

Yeah it's pretty dead in here. Most of the arc related forum activity seems to be going on over at the xda developers forums. Unfortunately i would have to recommend heading over there if you want to keep track of what's going on.

There are people unhappy with the arc, those tend to fall into one of 2 groups:

(1) People with duff hardware. Seems like quality control isnt all it could be on this phone, so if youre one of the unlucky people who got one that reboots all the time, recommend taking it back & getting a replacement.

(2) People who are bitching that it doesnt have dual core, and is thus somehow already obsolete, despite being repeatedly unable to describe how exactly the second core would benefit them. "Its just, you know, two is more than one". There is no helping these people.

6. ukjets

ukjets Newbie

Well before i bought the phone i already knew it did'nt have dual core, and from what i read on different forums the only reason to have dual core in the foreseeable future is for games.
    The only games i really play on my phone are simple games like angry birds and snakes just to kill a bit of time, so i could'nt justify paying the extra 100quid on something that i just don't need, just to say i have a phone with a dual core processor, and most of my mates would'nt know what i was on about if i told them that, anyway.

Anyway i am still very happy with this phone.

7. streber

streber Newbie

i like this phone much, but my battery cant stand a full day, i m heavily on it, playing games,surfing etc. so i m carrying my charger at school... and having a lil problems with wlan, when i m downloading something,or playing on youtube, phone gets disconnected from wlan... i saw some issues about it... but i like it anyway...
    and asphalt 6... playing with no laggs... :)

anyway dual core power at lg optimus 2x is NOT unleashed cause i have read that it android 2.2 which is default on it, doesnt support dual core, so its working on 1?

8. spikles

spikles Lurker

Unfortunately I have bought one of the faulty Arcs that you hear people complaining about. Force closes, screen freezes and sometime the touchscreen doesn't work at all. Obviously it's still covered by warranty but that means it needs to be sent away for repair/replacement.
    Like the original post, I was trying to decide whether to go for the Arc or the S2. Love the look of the arc however wishing now I'd gone for the other option. :(

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews