1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Glad i jumped

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chukka63, Oct 16, 2014.

1. chukka63

chukka63 Android Enthusiast

On the back of the rumours of a 6" N6 I bought a moto x and on reading the rumours were correct I'm glad I made the change.6" phones are too big for me.
    The downside is you're stuck with my dumb questions over the next few months.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dosei

dosei Member

Chukka how do you rate the Moto X camera compared to the N5?

3. chukka63

chukka63 Android Enthusiast

I've only taken a couple of photo's but so far it's as good if not better than the N5.HDR is much faster on the x.

alostpacket and dosei like this.
  4. childofibiza

childofibiza Newbie

is the google camera app better than the stock moto x camera? Just got my new smartphone and went ahead and downloaded the app. (First time post, glad to be apart of the community!)

5. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

I found the google camera to be better at focusing than the moto camera, though the moto camera seemed a little better in low light.... But that was only in two photos. I'd have to do more tests to see.

FYI I have no photo skills. I just attempted to get identical shots. Stock app settings were a little different as one shot 4:3 and one wide screen. I tried multiple times to force the moto camera to focus on the pink flower and never could. Same with the red berries....if you zoom on the moto pic you see they are out of focus.

Moto X 2014 Camera Comparison - Imgur

alostpacket likes this.
  6. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

The Moto X camera can switch to 4:3 or 16:9 (default) and it has a weird semi-manual focus+exposure "reticule" you can turn on (it's off by default)

7. childofibiza

childofibiza Newbie

Im not an avid camera user.. But the google app seems to be my preferred choice IMO. all in all a decent camera for a great phone.

Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) release date was September 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2300mAh battery.

September 2014
Release Date
Reviews