1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Glad to be here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by davidrorick, Jul 29, 2011.

1. davidrorick

davidrorick Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Hi,

I just joined the Android forums because today I said goodbye to my faithful Blackberry and made the move to the Android platform with a Droid 3.

I like the phone so far, though it's so beefy I think I could drive nails with it. The touch and swipe interface will take some getting used to, but the keyboard is very nice.

I have to figure out how to kill background apps, because my battery has been tanking in a hurry, but that's a question for another forum.

This sounds like a great place to share tips and trick and to learn more about how to use a Droid phone.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to the forums! :)

Android is its own task killer and all these background apps "running" in the background aren't actually using your battery. I can provide some links which explain it if you like?

If you want some tips on getting the most out of your battery, try the Droid 3 subforum here: Motorola Droid 3 - Android Forums

Generally speaking though, the first 10 days or so, the battery will be rubbish, so it may get better in time.

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Welcome!

If you do try driving nails with it, be sure to post a youtube of it! :D

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Oh and El Prez is on the money about the Battery -- the things that use the most battery are actually the Cell radio, bluetooth, Wifi and the screen.

There is an app called Tasker a lot of people like. Might be worth having a look after you get to know your phone pretty well.