1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Glare

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JLW24, Apr 14, 2012.

1. JLW24

JLW24 Member

So now that it is warmer weather and I am spending more time outdoors, I am noticing that I can't see the screen on my Galaxy Nexus at all when it is very sunny. I have a screen protector from Verizon but I am assuming it isn't one for glare. Has anyone found one that works so you can see your phone in the sunlight?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Are you using "auto" brightness? I need that if I'm in the sun or wearing sunglasses in my truck.

JLW24 likes this.
  3. JLW24

JLW24 Member

No, I had turned off auto brightness because someone on this board told me months ago not to use it as it could be a reason for battery drain. I can't win! lol

4. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

We just went for a walk (71

5. JLW24

JLW24 Member

6. kct1975

kct1975 Android Expert

Funny....I was having the same problem with my HTC EVO (not bring able to see the screen in the sun). I actually started doing the same thing suggested here.
    I use a manually set low screen brightness in doors, and started using the Auto Brightness when I am outdoors or am moving frequently from in doors to outdoors and back.

7. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

you can still use manual brightness....but you have to crank it all the way up (which auto brightness does for you) when you get out in the sun. i have no screen protector at all, and i can easily see my phone in direct sunlight even down here in Florida.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews