1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Glass of Water App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Pottermus, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Pottermus

Pottermus Lurker

Hi.
    On my iphone i had the 'Glass of Water' app, but i cant find it or anything similar on the Android Market.
    I'm a driving instructor and used the app loads during lessons to help my pupils to drive smoothly.
    The app mimics a full glass of water and would spill 'water' if the car was driven in a hard manner.
    Has anyone found anythig similar?

2. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

3. Pottermus

Pottermus Lurker

The point to the app is to encourage smooth driving.
    Visually water falls out of a glass as you drive along. Keeps a log of your driving style, so promoting good driving.
    Has nothing to do with drinking water.....

Frisco likes this.
  4. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

Shouldn't student drivers be looking at the road?

5. Pep

Pep Android Enthusiast

Is there an app like that or not?

Pep

6. In principle that could work well. Even keeping eyes on the road!
    Problem is: Bubble level apps are too precise, too sensitive for this application. No margin for error at all.

He's training drivers! Not pilots! :D

7. jkatblues

jkatblues Newbie

how about a glass of beer app, spill and your to drunk? :) (sorry couldnt resist)

8. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

I wonder if one of the seismograph apps out there would do the trick? Students could be graded on the Richter scale. :D

I'd guess those apps would be too sensitive, though.

9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

There is plenty of room for a bit of humor in a thread with a query such as the OP's. :D

But let's keep things respectful toward all fellow members, please, so that we can leave the thread open. ;)

10. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

I see "Car driving app: Smooth Drive" and "Drismo - Driving Skill Monitor" in the Market - not sure how well they would meet the OP's needs, but from their descriptions, they seem worth checking out. Try a Market search for "driving" - I might have missed some.

11. Pottermus

Pottermus Lurker

Thanks for the suggestions, and have tried them both before posting. They are a bit rubbish really, Smooth Drive just gives you 100% score even if you drive rubbish.
    Drismo is similar to Smooth Driving and doesn't cut it.
    'Glass of Water' would record how well you did and pupils could 'compete' to drive as smoothly as me over the same roads. Pupils couldn't see the screen it was tilted away from them.
    The iphone had loads of apps to promote eco-driving, android market appears to have none.