1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Glitchy data connection and weird error messages after rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mplsnst, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mplsnst

mplsnst Active Member

Mar 22, 2010
    So I rooted a week or so ago. Didn't flash any new ROMs or anything, just deleted some bloatware and set up wireless tethering. Right away I noticed the data connection going up and down a lot. Then a few days ago I started periodically getting a black popup with this:

! Data Call Failure
    Error Code 67 .Registration failure.
    Your PCS Vision username and/or
    password may be incorrect. Please
    try again.

When I get it, I just hit "dismiss" and so far, everything goes back to working normally at that point. Still, it's a little disconcerting. Anyone else gotten this popup or had their data connection messed with by rooting?

Advertisement

2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY

Yes, and I fixed it, but don't know if it works no matter what you have for a rom.... I will find out and let you know...

Post #182 of this thread has the info about pushing the fix to your phone;

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-sprint-hero/84701-fresh-2-1-2-out.html

3. SteaminLoaf

SteaminLoaf Member

May 18, 2010
    I think its something to do with trying to root while being on a stock rom... maybe not having superuser permissions?

4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY

I have rooted 1.5, with fresh 2.1.2 flashed, and it happened to me. It is a known issue with .omadm.apk. i am not sure what it is or does, but since I pushed the fix, I have had zero issues with the data call failure.

Tags: