• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Global Alarm Fail?

baldmosher

Jun 8, 2010
Did anyone else's Desire alarm fail to go off this morning? Four of us (so far!) in the UK had the same failure and were late for work as a result.

Could be a problem with JuiceDefender app maybe? I think it's the only non-standard app that my girlfriend and I both have installed.

funnily enough, my alarms didn't go off and i was late for work, i'm using "alarm clock plus V2*" by cvp... though i'd turned it off n gone backl to sleep, but i just tested it and it didnt go off, although the update it did right after fixed it,

i also have atk running, but i have my alarms added to ignore list.

Upvote 0
I've just tested the alarm (without ATKiller running, with JuiceDef running) and it works. This isn't scientific at all, as I didn't test it with ATK running first! Pretty sure it's the only thing I'm doing differently since last night though.

ATK has only come in useful once in the last 6 weeks (to force my Alarm closed when it didn't go off properly on Wednesday!) so I've disabled it. I have installed SystemPanel Lite and that does the same thing but doesn't run constantly. (ref: http://androidcommunity.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-32518.html)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones