1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

glue in speakers (pics)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by krs128, Dec 11, 2013.

1. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

does it look like some of my holes are covered with glue? not really sure if the white i see is glue or possible a foam padding that is suppose to be there.

i know only the left side is the speaker and the right side is the mic. looks like the top and side holes on the speaker side are blocked, and all the holes on the mic side are blocked.

thoughts? what do your phones look like?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: update, getting a replacement phone sent to me. but these pics could still be useful for any one to compare to their phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

VERY carefully try to push the point of a wooden toothpick into that "glue". If it sinks right in it's styrofoam (which should be removed, since it absorbs sound - doing it yourself or having the phone replaced would be your option). If not it's probably some of the mounting foam for the mic and/or speaker and I'd return it for a replacement. That would definitely fall into the category of "manufacturing defect".

3. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

yea i am currently emailing a google support rep back and forth about it.

4. Biaviian

Biaviian Android Enthusiast

There have been other reports about this and each report I have read said that Google did a warranty exchange after a bit of convincing. Good luck!

5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

I have no foam or glue when I shine a flashlight in...however I have terrible audio quality when recording a video.

When I called Google this morning they said no problem and would ship me out another one. My only fear is that the replacement has the same issue. Hopefully not.

6. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

I don't really have any issues. Thought my speaker volume was good. So we will see how much better it is with my new device. Kind of excited.

Any one know if it will be a brand new or refurbished device? Any way to tell?

7. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

It's new if its within the 15 days I believe

8. krs128

krs128 Well-Known Member

Hmm well I got mine on release day... But it is something manufactured wrong. Hopefully its a new device.

update: google confirmed it will be a new device.

9. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Awesome .. .

10. jirok

jirok Member

I was too lazy to do this

11. 4ubest

4ubest Android Enthusiast

I sent my photos in a couple of weeks ago and received a brand new replacement that does NOT have the glue in speaker..

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews