• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail Account Switch/Please Help!!!

Can I change my Google Sign-in Name / Gmail Account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow11ad
If your like me and when you got your phone and you did not have a gmail acount and just created one and now wanting to change it, you can without any installs or factory resets....

1)goto your home screen
2)settings
3)applications
4)manage applications
5) gmail and gmail storage
6) clear data on both
7) turn off phone all the way and restart

now goto market and it will ask you to put in your gmail info...just put in the new gmail account you created....now your contacts will be gone, but if you go to your gmail account on a pc and click on contacts you should see export. Click on this and it will ask you to select a program to save it to. Then sign out and then sign in to your new account. Click on contacts on new gmail account and then contacts and then import. Contacts are switched. Goto your phone and dialer and contacts should be there. If not give it about 5-10 seconds.
I did these things and when I restart and open market it doesnt ask me to login. Any ideas why or what I might be doing wrong???

There was another post on this same issue and it seems that market logs in according to the account used when the phone is first set up. Although you sync settings are for the account added after the fact the market is still logging in to the original account. The only way i know to reset this is to do a factory reset. Menu>settings>Privacy settings

Reactions: heide247
Upvote 0
There was another post on this same issue and it seems that market logs in according to the account used when the phone is first set up. Although you sync settings are for the account added after the fact the market is still logging in to the original account. The only way i know to reset this is to do a factory reset. Menu>settings>Privacy settings

Had to do the factory reset. Menu>Settings>SD Card & Storage>Factory Reset

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones