1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support GMail accounts vs Email acounts - 2 Q's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deanie, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Deanie

Deanie Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Middletown, Maryland
    I have 2 gmail accounts. I use them both every day. On my OG droid I set them both up and would receive separate notifications for each one.

On the Bionic, I see that I can set up specific GMail accounts, and I can also set up Email accounts (to my GMails).

I like the look and feel of the Email app over the Gmail "app". But I can't figure out how to check both of my accounts from the same Email app window, like I can do in the Gmail app. Does somebody know whether this can be done and how?

Also, I tried to send a picture by email from a text message, but when I had just the Gmail app accounts configured it said there was no account to use to send it. So I set up one of my accounts in the Email app and I was able to send. So my 2nd question is whether it does require an account to be setup in the Email app in order to email from text messages?

Advertisement

2. BahamaMama77

BahamaMama77 Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    This is what I am looking to do also. On my Droid X I was able to go to something like "My Accounts" and select which email account I wanted to check or compose a message from. I can't figure out how to compose an email from one of my other gmail addresses that I have set up on my Bionic.