1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gmail Alerts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tragedyofone, Jan 13, 2012.

1. tragedyofone

tragedyofone Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Hello, so I'm new here and found posts similar to this question, but slightly different.

I just upgraded from the Droid X to the HTC Rezound. I'm having an issue with GMail alerts.

Here's what is happening.

When I get a new email I get the alert in the top bar - the Gmail envelope with color. It is delayed a minute or so after the email comes in, and if I've already checked the email it still shows unless i clear off the alert manually.

I liked how it was on my Droid X with the grayscale Gmail envelope alert in the top bar. It was immediate and it opened easier to read. If I turn on notifications (Gmail > Settings > notifications box checked) I get duplicate notifications in the top bar.

Is there anyway to turn off the default/inaccurate alert (the colored envelope) and just use the alert like it was on Droid X.

I tried "uninstalling updates" in the app manager, but no luck.

Sorry if this is confusing, but I swear it makes sense somehow ;)

Advertisement

2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 4, 2011
    Sounds like you gave your Gmail account to Sense and it plugged it into the default mail app. Check there. Stock GMail still comes in the normal way but when checked via "Mail" it's setup as POP3. I think I did that when I set my phone up for the first time too. Started me on the path of hating Sense.

3. tragedyofone

tragedyofone Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    How can I change that? Sorry to sound aloof, but I'm not technical. :p

4. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 4, 2011
    No worries. I'm doing this from memory so you might need to search for the right option here or there but...Open your stock "Mail" program. click the menu. You should see an option for accounts. You'll see your gmail account, Long press it and choose remove account.

tragedyofone likes this.
Tags: