1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GMail and GTalk?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frishmans92, Dec 9, 2009.

1. frishmans92

frishmans92 Newbie

Well, when I turn my phone on I noticed Gtalk always begins to run in the background. When it does my Gmail account downloads my emails properly.

However when I turn Gtalk off, suddenly Gmail doesn't work? Any correlation? What can I do to make Gmail work all the time? It's so hit or miss.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. frishmans92

frishmans92 Newbie

Anyone? Bah :/

3. Dragoro

Dragoro Android Enthusiast

Im guessing you might have to keep talk running. Just a guess though.

4. rawness

rawness Android Enthusiast

I don't know, but why are you turning GTalk off?

5. esocid

esocid Well-Known Member

There are dependencies for functions, which require a couple of processes to run. You'll notice, if you did it, when you kill a certain process, others die with it, and are all subsequently run again. Google Talk Storage and Gmail Storage I believe are two which rely on each other. Only kill a process (don't read app) if you are sure you won't be using it, because it will most likely start up again, or prevent something else from working.

6. boogerdroid

boogerdroid Newbie

does gchat drain your battery? I have it, with gmail of course... was just wondering?

Thanks

7. patrick3002

patrick3002 Newbie

Go to settings>>about phone>>battery use to see whats draining your battery.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews