1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gmail android app not sending emails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Marctoofan, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Marctoofan

Marctoofan Lurker

In the last few days I have run in to a problem with my Gmail app on my Google Pixel XL. Any message I compose from the app stays in the app as "Queued". It never gets sent. This happens if I have good cell signal, connected to WiFi, or both WiFi and cell. I can receive messages with no problem and can delete them from the phone with no problem. I can reply to an email from the my phone using the gmail app with no problem. This only happens when I compose a new message on the gmail app. I have done the following actions: force stop, clear cache, clear data, gone in to the play store and uninstalled then done an update, and restarted the phone after all of that, and still I have the problem (I have done all of the above actions many times). When I have a message sitting in the app that says "Queued" and I swipe down, it will quickly say "Sending", then go back to "Queued". I even went in the app and checked "unrestricted data usage". I have seen other posts with people who have had this problem and I have tried the fixes that they have discussed (which are the ones I have listed above), but nothing has helped.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Just for testing purposes, can you install the Inbox app (from google) and see if the problem persists when using the same gmail account? Trying to see if the problem is with the app, or something else.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Do you have more than one account setup on your phone? It could be a server-side issue.

4. LandLockedPH

LandLockedPH Well-Known Member

Google Pixel XL Forum

The Google Pixel XL release date was October 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 processor, and 3450mAh battery.

October 2016
Release Date
Reviews