• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail App & Auto Signature Question

cjustice42

Lurker
Oct 4, 2010
Got an annoying little problem. I have an auto signature set up in the native Gmail app. When I compose a new email, the cursor automatically goes to the end of the signature line when I click the area to begin typing text. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would obviously like the cursor to be at the beginning of the email not at the end!

Thats really weird... I have a Droid X, and my autosignature is just "- Shane" and when I compose a new message I have 2-3 empty lines above my signature that are very easy to click into to start my email. You're saying you just have your signature right at the top with no space above?

Yea, no space above the sig line. When I start to compose the email the cursor goes straight to the end of the 3rd line of my sig. Just annoying that I have to tap twice to get to the start of the email.

Upvote 0
Make sure you have no empty lines in your signature.

previously I have:

Justin Lovell - Assoc. CSC
Cinematographer
Frame Discreet: Film Transfers and Cinematography
twitter: @justinlovell

Sent with fun tpyos from my moible

I corrected it to:

Justin Lovell - Assoc. CSC
Cinematographer
twitter: @justinlovell

(Added the lines to break up the text)

And VOILA, no more jumping to the end of the signature.

Hope that helps you!

Jusetan
8/16mm.film.scans
cinematographer collective

Reactions: gsutton
Upvote 0
Hi,
I have a problem with my signature in Android. When I want to type the text the cursor start at the end of my signature.
I have tested diffrent kind of signatures, but I get the same result.
Anyone who knows how to fix this?

Signature with only one word:
Test

Signature with empty line before:

Test

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones