• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GMAIL APP - no copy and paste?

skpd

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
so yesterday I've noticed that the GMAIL app (not the HTC EVO native app) does not let you copy text from the body of the email. Was trying to copy a tracking number and paste into Dolphin but no go. Tried in the HTC Mail and it worked.

I prefer the GMAIL app (PUSH) over the HTC Mail but will never go back to it if this does not have a fix.

WTH Google? Seriously?? No Copy and Paste??
I thought you learned from Crapple's mistake

But can you set gmail up as an exchange account (server m.google.com)? I have it working right now on my ipod touch, and it syncs all of my mail and three calendars. I have no idea if it pushes or not.

good point. totally forgot about that.
Gmail does have exchange with PUSH, unfortunately you can only set one account on Exchange and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the name of the shortcut on my home screen from "Exchange" to something of my choosing

Upvote 0
I just got the Droid X2, and I can't see any way to do a copy of text in the incoming message. Is this really something they could have forgotten? Is there a decent alternative email client? I tried K-9, but I couldn't copy in that one either!

Now, I know I'm a Droid novice, but hell I should be able to copy text!

Hi have you checked this issue in the forum for you phone model? :)

Copy and paste works fine on my EVO 4G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones