• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail app not loading conversations

The more a device can do, the more involved it is likely to be to work with. Also, us human beings tend to be somewhat change resistant. You can either stick with it and become an incredible androidite like us or you could go back to your Palm I suppose if you like that better. There are both pros and cons to Palm vs. Android. Isn't it great that life gives us choices!?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I am joining the group with the endless "loading conversations" message. I've had the incredible for about two weeks now and flawless operation with gmail. Not sure if I hit some button inadvertently and screwed it up, but all the settings folks above noted are set correctly on my phone.

Very frustrating because until this is cleared up, I can't send any email.

Upvote 0
Ok, I appear to have solved the mystery. From your home page, go to:

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Gmail

In this menu, click on "Clear Data". You may also want to "Clear Cache" too. I tried that first, and it didn't help. Then I went back and hit Clear Data.

You will receive a warning that all files, settings, etc. will be lost. I thought that meant I would have to set up Gmail all over again, which at this point I didn't really care since I was prepared to uninstall it anyway. However, I did not have to set up and reconfigure it again.

It started up just fine, with my email account in tact, and seems to be just dandy.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Ok, I appear to have solved the mystery. From your home page, go to:

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Gmail

In this menu, click on "Clear Data". You may also want to "Clear Cache" too. I tried that first, and it didn't help. Then I went back and hit Clear Data.

That worked for me...but I had to go into both Gmail and Gmail storage on my apps list and clear Data for both before the error message disappeared.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones