1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Gmail app not pushing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ajmuni, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ajmuni

ajmuni Newbie
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Hey guys, just got my first android device today (the droid) and I wanted to ask you guys, does the gmail app receive emailes via push? I've sent a coupl of emails to my device, and they wont pop up in the gmail app unless i refresh it...any1 else experiencing this issue?

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Hi Ajmuni and Welcome to the Forums! :D

1) Yes the Gmail is push email

2) One bug I come across on my HTC Magic :

Send an email from your phone to another email to see the exact address : Take note of how the last part of the Address is {i.e Whether it be @gmail or @googlemail}

I noticed that if i sent an email to myself as @gmail it would not be received on my phone {though it is definitely in the Inbox} , However if i sent an email to myself @googlemail it would be delivered seconds after {True push}.

So try sending yourself an email with a different ending @gmail or @googlemail and see if one gets push notified or does not {Don't forget the .COM OR .CO.UK at the end of the address}

3) Make sure you got the settings set properly:

It should be along the lines of : Settings -> Data Synchronization -> Make sure all the Boxes are ticked including Gmail/Googlemail.

Carl

3. iceyspoons

iceyspoons Newbie
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    i actually just started having the same problem...new email wasn't pushing to my inbox until i manually refreshed it. shut the phone down and did a battery pull, now everything seems to be fine. i'll keep you posted if the problem recurs.

4. gthrift

gthrift Guest
    None
    I've been having the same problem today. Emails coming in much longer after I get them in Thunderbird.

5. munkis

munkis Newbie
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    gmail seems to push when ever it feels like, add it to the list of problems with the droid so far. I did some googling and it seems like a wide spread problem. Hope they fix it soon.

I am having the same problem, I made a thread about it here a couple days ago.

6. BigBoochdaddy

BigBoochdaddy Lurker
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Same thing here. Gmail emails are showing up 5-10 minutes after I recieve them on the pc.