• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail App not syncing and new Market problem

omahawk123

Aug 15, 2011
Inspire 4g
Android version 2.3.3
HTC Sense 2.1
Software number 2.47.502.7

Ever since the GB update this weekend the native gmail app will not sync or load new messages automatically. I have cleared cache, uninstalled the recent gmail update, disabled all syncing, re-enabled it and done everything else mentioned on the forums and the gmail app will not update automatically.

In fact the options in settings are gone to enable/disable the send and receive.

I have also uninstalled the new market app. It would not show my downloaded apps and there were many that needed updates and it would not show that they needed updates.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thx for the feedback.... do you know the appropriate place (url?) to lodge the issue? THe more of us that do, the more likely we'll get someone to look at it...

Nothing, I have searched almost every forum as well as google's forum/help. All Suggestions do not work.

If you have less than 20mb of internal memory left sync is disabled but I am nowhere near approaching this limit.

There is a bug somewhere in the recent update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones