1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GMail App Question (making Gmail shortcuts in Launcher Pro)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DonB, Sep 2, 2011.

1. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™
    Moderator Thread Starter

OK, I am trying to help my buddy set up his new EVO 3D, he wants to use Launcher Pro, so I set most of his phone up, there is one thing he is trying to get done and I have tried many ways to get it to work, but still no go. He wants to use the GMAIL app to open multiple account when he creates a shortcut for each on his home screen, meaning if he has 3 accounts, he wants all 3 accounts to have there own name on the screen and when he taps it will open only that account, I am not sure that can be done with that app, I know in sense you can create different inbox ones, but LP does not offer sense options. without using a different email client, he wants to be able to use that app, can this be done, and if yes can someone explain how to do so, I will post the app in question incase others are curious. [​IMG]

And also for each to be able to have there own different notification and unread count

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

Moderator Thread Starter

I even tried the native app for him and that does not show the unread count on the screen, which is useless with his 3 accounts, meaning he has to slide the status bar down to see which account to open up that have mail, because it does not so on the screen icon, I know Gmail had an unread count app, but looks like that no longer works anymore.

marctronixx likes this.
  3. marctronixx

yeah ive got 3 gmail accounts and there is no way to add shortcuts for each in the stock sense. i would imagine this is the same for launcher pro since it too uses just shortcuts no?

4. DonB

Moderator Thread Starter

That is correct, I was able to do so with the native apps, like K9 or the other one that comes with our phone, the only thing I cannot get to work for him in LP is the unread count, that works for sense on the the one that comes with our phone but not the K9, I will look into trying to develop one, this is crazy that this cannot be done, if I can find sometime I will research this more. ;)

marctronixx likes this.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews