• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail App Questions

hawkeye680

Nov 11, 2009
Apologies if this has been asked/answered before. I searched and couldn't find anything, and can't figure it out on the phone.

In the stock Gmail app, is there any way to change your Inbox view so that you don't view your messages as threads? In other words, even if I move previous replies in the chain to the trash or to another folder, in the Inbox, you still see all instances of the message chain. I don't like this.

Is there a way to change that or do I just stick with K9?

Thanks in advance.

Clarification to my first question- I guess my problem is not the threaded view as much as it is even when I delete messages out of the thread, even out of the sent folder, then empty trash, it still appears on my device. When I log into my GMail on my desktop, it appears how I want it.

Still no way to change that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones