• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail app truncating email chains?

merky

Lurker
Feb 3, 2010
So I searched the internet and this website but I havent been able to find a solution or answer to this issue I am having.

I went through the G1/Mytouch3G and returned both due to their lack of a 3.5mm jack and the general bulky/sluggish feel. I now own a N1 and I am really happy with (aside from the few quirks).

I dont remember how it was on the G1/Mytouch3g but on the N1 if I reply to an email and the chain gets long, the N1 truncates the chain and only leaves the last message or only part of the last message. On the iPhone I could have a thread go on forever and it was even properly maintained on Gmail from my desktop.

It is not that the gmail app is only showing me a preview because even on the desktop the email message is only part of the message.

I did a factory reset but the problem still remains. Is this a known bug? Is this even reproducable?

I really hope its a stupid setting that I overlooked.

Any help appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones