• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail app. Vs. Mail app

i prefer the stock mail app, with gmail app you cannot move certain mails to folders (labels) that I've created to keep my mailbox organized. With the stock mail app you can do that but with the gmail account you can't.

Also I hate having to select "show pictures" on the gmail app everytime I open up an email versus the stock mail app where it shows the email with pictures.

Upvote 0
i prefer the stock mail app, with gmail app you cannot move certain mails to folders (labels) that I've created to keep my mailbox organized. With the stock mail app you can do that but with the gmail account you can't.

Also I hate having to select "show pictures" on the gmail app everytime I open up an email versus the stock mail app where it shows the email with pictures.

Not sure if the GMAIL app is different on an HTC phone but on my Droid I can move my emails to different labels.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones