• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail App

atadtoopink

Lurker
Dec 28, 2011
Hey guys,
The Gmail app on my phone has not been syncing to my Gmail account in real time. I have to manually refresh my account in order for the latest mails to appear. Anyone has had this happen to you before? How did you resolve the issue? Any help at all would be appreciated! :)

You may also have to clear data/cache on the Gmail app.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > Scroll to Gmail and open it > Clear data.
Clearing cache... maybe, but don't clear data. Clearing data will erase logon credentials, which sounds like the opposite of what the OP wishes to accomplish.

Upvote 0
Clearing cache... maybe, but don't clear data. Clearing data will erase logon credentials, which sounds like the opposite of what the OP wishes to accomplish.

I don't know.
I do that and when I go back to my Gmail accounts (4 of them), I just have to click on them one by one and they all reload.
I assumed that doing that got rid of all temp files and bits and pieces.

No need to renter logins or passwords etc.

Or have I got the wrong end of the post?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones