• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Long press on the text (you should then get tabs that you can pull to highlight more text). At the bottom of the screen (next to "select all") there is a copy button (looks like 2 documents) - press that and it copies the selected text and then go to where you want to put the text and long press and it will show "paste" - touch that and your text will appear.

Hope that helps... let me know if this doesn't work for you and I will see what I can find on the net for you! ;)

Reactions: iamviveksri
Upvote 0
unfortunately this doesnt happen in Xperia Ray-- not in the Gmail App.
the rules for copying text in Xperia Ray are different for the gmail app and for the browser
i found them by hit and trial method now

in gmail app first do the long press thing as described above by DURX but then u have to double tap it - like what is known as double click on a pc- this will result in selected text to be copied on the clipboard. after that ofcourse paste as u feel like

in browser, we dont have to double tap to copy-- just longpressing on the selected text will do

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones