• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail archive

From Google's help site:

Archiving moves messages out of your inbox and into All Mail, letting you tidy up your inbox without deleting anything. Any message you've archived can be found in All Mail, in any labels you've applied to it, and in Gmail search results. When someone responds to a message you've archived, the conversation containing that message will reappear in your inbox.

Upvote 0
"When someone responds to a message you've archived, the email containing that message will reappear in your inbox."

This hasn't been the case. I selected archive for a customer's email and none of the responses or even new emails from her are appearing in the inbox. Now I have to dig in order to see anything she may or may not have sent. A friend recommended reinstalling gmail, but all I'm able to do is clear the updates. Do I have any other options?

Upvote 0
"When someone responds to a message you've archived, the email containing that message will reappear in your inbox."

This hasn't been the case. I selected archive for a customer's email and none of the responses or even new emails from her are appearing in the inbox. Now I have to dig in order to see anything she may or may not have sent. A friend recommended reinstalling gmail, but all I'm able to do is clear the updates. Do I have any other options?

What version of Gmail do you have installed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones