1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Gmail: Black background / White text

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrFlipside, Sep 24, 2010.

1. MrFlipside

MrFlipside Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Wasn't sure where to post this, because it is Epic specific with the AMOLED screen...

Anyway, my e-mail is on Gmail, but the default white background / black text isn't friendly to the Epic display and battery life. Tried to find settings on the Epic, but there aren't any. Any options?

Advertisement

2. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    For the life of me, I can't find the posts about this, but you can actually surf with black background and white text with an app or something. I'll keep looking for it, but I definitely remember folks posting about it a couple weeks back on this forum.

3. BigD562

BigD562 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    You can actually theme out your Gmail to have a black BG. They have preset themes. I'm currently using the graffiti theme.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    The only one I recall was for bgoog.com.

I don't know if it's possible to change the email app itself to be black background with white letters. I would sure be interested in it though!

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    Are you referring to the gmail app or gmail from your desktop computer?

6. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Yeah, that was it....finally found the thread! LOL! Well, it's better than nothing I guess, right? ;)

7. BigD562

BigD562 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Was referring to gmail to desktop... I just tried to use the browser to see if the theme would show from the android browser, but it doesnt... lol

8. MrFlipside

MrFlipside Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestion, but that's only on the desktop, not the mobile... :(

9. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I wanted the opposite. I want black text on a white background for my regular email. Odd there is no option in either app for light or dark themes.

10. aashish.kajla

aashish.kajla New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    hi i am using black theme in my gmail but in some mails i got some text which i am not able to view without highlighting it.
    I was looking on the net but couldnt find anything behind it.
    Hope anybody can help me out.