• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail: Black background / White text

MrFlipside

Aug 3, 2010
Wasn't sure where to post this, because it is Epic specific with the AMOLED screen...

Anyway, my e-mail is on Gmail, but the default white background / black text isn't friendly to the Epic display and battery life. Tried to find settings on the Epic, but there aren't any. Any options?

Wasn't sure where to post this, because it is Epic specific with the AMOLED screen...

Anyway, my e-mail is on Gmail, but the default white background / black text isn't friendly to the Epic display and battery life. Tried to find settings on the Epic, but there aren't any. Any options?

You can actually theme out your Gmail to have a black BG. They have preset themes. I'm currently using the graffiti theme.

Upvote 0
For the life of me, I can't find the posts about this, but you can actually surf with black background and white text with an app or something. I'll keep looking for it, but I definitely remember folks posting about it a couple weeks back on this forum.

The only one I recall was for bgoog.com.

I don't know if it's possible to change the email app itself to be black background with white letters. I would sure be interested in it though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones