1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gmail Broken

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bostoniansurvivor, Feb 4, 2011.

1. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

This afternoon all of a sudden I started getting a message about Gmail force closing. I thought perhaps it was a theme I had applied earlier in the day so I undid the theme. Same problem. After trying other themes that I know are clean I went as far as taking the damn phone all the way back to stock. Removing root and the whole nine. Same problem. Has anyone else had this problem or has anyone got a cure?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mahers

mahers Android Expert

I don't use GMail, but was about to switch over to it because ever since yesterday, I am not getting any of my emails pushed to the phone. I'm not even rooted! (Well, I lie. I rooted after I noticed the problem, but it started before that) I tried to delete my account and set it up all over again from scratch, but the only way to get my emails is to refresh the email client. I wonder if there's something going on with the serversat Google that's doing this? Curious to hear others on the matter.

3. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

for what it's worth, this problem seems to have corrected itself overnight. Did anyone else run into this issue?

4. mahers

mahers Android Expert

Yes, I noticed my emails getting pushed yesterday as well. Had to be a server issue somewhere.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews