• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gmail chats - thread of emails vs. 1 long trucnated email

kphoenix90

Lurker
Jul 15, 2010
on the Gmail app on my droid Incredible, whenever I try to view chats they appear in 2 formats. One is a thread of emails where a 400 line conversation appears as about 40 emails in a thread (although it's not 1 email from me, 1 email from the person i'm talking to, 1 email from me, etc. we're both in each of the emails). The other is as a super long email, that then gets truncated at the end and one where I can't access the bottom of the conversation. But the thing is, is that my chats alternate these two layouts, and I want them to all be in a thread-like format, but I can't find the option that made it appear that way. Does anyone know how to change this setting, or even access the bottom of a truncated email while still in the gmail app and not signing on to the internet?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones