1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support GMail Contacts sync formatting issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shmn, Feb 17, 2011.

1. shmn

shmn Android Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2011
    Marine Diesel Mech
    WA State
    I noticed that if I have url's in a GMail contact they don't transfer to the EVO (someone's homepage or blog address, etc...). Or, at least, I can't find them. Can someone confirm this?

Also, if the contact has an address (home or mailing address), the whole address gets crammed into the first line of the address box leaving city, state and zip code empty. Any way to fix this too?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    ok for address type it in like this

1234 mystreet
    Dallas TX, 75248 and it worked just fine on my phone.

entered a url and it worked just fine.

After making your entries on gmail.com make sure and go to menu.accounts and sync. gmail. sync contacts

then go to people, find your contact and select them, and it should be there.

Thats all I did, confirmed, synced, and all working in less than 3 minutes. It even brings up maps if I click on the added address in the contact's address field.

3. shmn

shmn Android Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2011
    Marine Diesel Mech
    WA State
    Thanks for the reply.

The address shows up ok on the first page of the contact under "View home address". But if I go to "Edit" at the very bottom of the page, the entire address is jammed into the first box leaving "city", "state" and "zip" empty. I entered it online in my G-mail account into the right boxes and it shows up ok unless I want to edit the address on the phone.

As for the URL, I am not seeing it at all on the "People" app. It shows me phone numbers, e-mail addresses and physical addresses but no URLs. And it does show up in my GMail contact online and everything is syncing ok (other than these two issues).

Would some screenshots help?

4. shmn

shmn Android Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2011
    Marine Diesel Mech
    WA State
    Actually, I finally got the URLs to show up. I went to GMail contacts and made some changes and synced a couple of times and all of a sudden, the URLs showed up. Not sure what I did differently because I had made multiple changes and did multiple syncs between then and now.

Mr. Ed likes this.
Tags: