1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Gmail Contacts Sync Prob

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CosmicMiami, Sep 4, 2017.

1. CosmicMiami

CosmicMiami Newbie
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    After searching for a couple days I finally found a solution to the all too common Gmail Contacts sync problem. Turns out, it is the power saving mode that changes everything.

I switched to non power-saving and voila! contacts synced immediately.

Now my question is, why would that setting not allow my contacts to sync? Seems like it should have nothing to do with sync. I know, sync uses resources but man, when I tell the machine to sync it should do it regardless of power saving settings.

Advertisement

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    Power saving mode will stop data running in the background so unfortunately if you haven't got the app open it won't be able to use data to sync. You can however customise power saving mode to allow apps to use background data so everything will still sync in the background. You can then use app monitor to automatically put the apps to sleep that you don't want running in the background. In the individual app settings you can also restrict background data on an app by app basis so you probably wouldn't notice any battery difference after customizing power saving mode to allow background data.

Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8