• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GMail crash possible fix

MacFett

Android Expert
Mar 28, 2011
Sietch Tabr
I never had a problem with gmail on my transformer until the .21 firmware update. It started slow and occasional but got worse and worse. I'd tried clearing the cache and data as well as rebooting as others had suggested. But in the end no matter what I did gmail would crash typically 5-30 seconds into using it.

Saturday night I uninstalled updates and haven't had a crash since. I don't know what was changed between the stock app and the most recent update, but it is allowing me to use it fine. I just spent the last hour or so going through my various mail boxes cleaning them up.

No, I just have the wrong numbers in there. Editing it.

Did you clear cache and data as well?

Cleared data and cache numerous times. Temporary fix is all..problems reappear after a couple of hours of general use, although it may take longer after clearing data and re-syncing. Seems like when Gmail is acting up I can go on maps and it will also force close, as if the issue is hand in hand

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones