• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GMAIL doesn't work well

CXXV

Android Enthusiast
Jan 23, 2010
Yes I did read all the other posts about this. None of those suggestions made a difference.

So to test I sent myself an email and had the GMAIL app open on the ERIS.

It sometimes give me a conversation notice but does not actually download the email to the app for a long time. And then only if I force a refresh.

I have full 3G where I am so that can't be it. Also, I do no have a task killer and I keep mobile on all the time.

The ERIS doeseverything else very well with the exception of e-mail.:(

I was from the understanding that Gmail doesn't "check" for email. There are no intervals. The server "pushes" it once something is received. It's much different from the "mail" app.

Also, if the "always on mobile" is unchecked, the phone will shut off the data on some networks. That's what was happening to mine after the phone would go to sleep. It would cause me to miss notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones