• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GMail / email app / Tbolt User Guide

Hello,

I have a couple questions.

I'm getting double gmail-emails, one through the GMail app and one through the generic email app on my Thunderbolt. I could do without the GMail app - the generic email app handles my gmail, comcast, and yahoo email accounts just fine. Thing is, I'm not sure if I can delete the GMail app itself - is it needed so I can continue to use the google calendar/contacts sync? If not, how can I delete the app?

Also, I've noticed that whenever the phone lets me know I have new email, if I look at gmail or comcast mail in my browser, the new messages have already been marked as read - even before I read them on my thunderbolt. I've looked for a setting that says "mark mail as read on server" or something like that, but haven't found anything. Any idea on how to stop this from happening?

Finally, has anyone downloaded the Thunderbolt User Manual? It seems comprehensive enough, but I've noticed that none of the links displayed in the left-hand pane of the PDF are active, so while it's a good display of the tree structure outline of the manual, the bookmarks are useless and you have to just look up the topic in the table of contents, note the page, and scroll down until you find it. Kind of a pain in the ass... I wrote to their support to ask about it and they pretty much blew me off. Ah well...

Thanks,

Dan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones