• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail email notifications not vibrating. Help?

I found a fix for this. Download 'Sound Manager' from the Android Market and go to MENU, VIBRATE SETTINGS. Under NOTIFICATION SETTINGS, 'Don't Vibrate' was checked EVEN THOUGH my other settings were configured to vibrate for texts and emails.

I changed the setting to 'Vibrate Whenever Possible' - and this has now restored my vibrating email and text message notifications.
:)

Upvote 0
I found a fix for this. Download 'Sound Manager' from the Android Market and go to MENU, VIBRATE SETTINGS. Under NOTIFICATION SETTINGS, 'Don't Vibrate' was checked EVEN THOUGH my other settings were configured to vibrate for texts and emails.

I changed the setting to 'Vibrate Whenever Possible' - and this has now restored my vibrating email and text message notifications.
worked for me.......

i then uninstalled the application, and it still vibrates!;)

Reactions: DeafWhisperer
Upvote 0

Sticky this! It worked!

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem but found a very good workaround. I think this will work universally for any android device. may sound strange but stick with me.

Download an app called 'Vibration Notifier' on the 'Play' store. The purpose of the app is to vibrate to remind you of a missed message or e-mail. It can be configured to vibrate as soon as 1 min after receiving an e-mail, so if the vibration setting is not working in your e-mail, this app will remind you shortly after you have received a new mail.

I have even turned off sound and vibration in all my e-mail accounts and just rely on this app to notify me of new messages..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones