• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail for morons

Teris

May 5, 2010
I'm new to Gmail (and the Inc, obviously). I'm getting gmails to an "email" folder on my Inc, but there's also a Gmail download (that I haven't downloaded). Is it better somehow to use the download? I'm hopelessly confused. I also just saved an email as a draft and now I can't find it on my phone at all!

Will some gmail expert please walk me through what I should do to make gmail work perfectly on this phone? Thanks!

I set it up through the "mail" icon. I didn't realize there was a gmail icon until after I set it up. Is it better to delete the account and set it up through the app? Is there any difference at all? Thanks very much for the reply!
Try both for a while and see - you'll get duplicate notifications until you eliminate one of the accounts, but so what? Personally, I love having a cliient for GMail (personal) and Exchange (work).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones