• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail inbox frequently incorrect

I keep my gmail inbox pretty clean, archiving messages as I go. I usually leave messages in my inbox when I still need to take action on them, and I often star them.

I have found that on my motorola droid, the Gmail app often presents an incorrect view of my inbox, with messages missing. In a normal desktop browser everything is correct, but in the droid Gmail app, messages are missing from the inbox.

Power cycling the droid fixes the problem, and I've also fixed it by searching for a term that I know is in one of the missing inbox messages on the droid. Then after closing that message and returning to the inbox, the droid's view of the inbox is correct. My suspicion is that the Gmail app has a bug related to the inbox and stars.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Up till today, my inbox has been fine. But today its saying that I have one unread message. I went as far as deleting/archivng everythink in the inbox, and it still has a (1) next to the inbox count. Not normally a big deal, but when a notification comes in, if more than 1 email is unread, its only show the number of unread mssgs, it doesn't say who it is from . I would like the count to be correct so I can see sender right in my notification bar!

What gives??!

Upvote 0
Working on this issue, I went into folder "all mail" and I did see a mssg that was unread.. not sure which folder it was being held captive in, I just know it wasn't in the inbox! But after deleting it, my inbox count reset itself.. must be some little bug.. at least it was an easy fix.. just a matter of finding a fix! Hope this helps some else !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones