1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Gmail Inbox Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IrishPilot, Feb 17, 2011.

1. IrishPilot

IrishPilot Newbie

In the past few days Ive started having problems with unread emails in my gmail inbox on the Evo. It will show 1 unread message, but it wont actually download the email. I can sync and sync, and wait hours and nothing. Jump on the computer and sure enough there is one (and has been for hours).

Any ideas on this? Its a recent thing and its frustrating. The Evo will update with unread emails, but wont actually show them in the Inbox folder (or anything in All Mail).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

go to menu.applications.manage applications clear data and cache for gmail

this usually fixes it. there are times when the gmail servers are having issues. in those cases it clears itself up after a day or two

IrishPilot likes this.
  3. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Also, depending on how you got the last gmail update, you can uninstall it, then reinstall the latest update from the market. Certainly try what Mr. Ed suggested, first, as that almost always fixes the problem (assuming it's your phone and not Google).

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

i will add that depending on your area there could also be something up with sprints towers.

I am in Dallas right now...3g speeds are awful today. Just 20 minutes north of here they were fine (different tower) and 45 minutes away they were fine as well.

I have read some rumors that Sprint is jacking with towers again but have not confirmed anything

5. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Yeah, that could also be the case. Are you on wifi or 3g? Have you tried both? If you're on wifi, you shouldn't be affected by any issues Sprint is having. Also, every once in a while, if I switch between wifi and 3g a lot, gmail will stop syncing until I've forced it maybe 5 times or reboot. That's somewhat rare though. Just some other things to think about.

6. IrishPilot

IrishPilot Newbie

Back and forth between wifi at home and 3G.

7. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Okay. Have you tried any of these suggestions yet?

Tags: