• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail Inbox Issues

IrishPilot

Aug 28, 2010
In the past few days Ive started having problems with unread emails in my gmail inbox on the Evo. It will show 1 unread message, but it wont actually download the email. I can sync and sync, and wait hours and nothing. Jump on the computer and sure enough there is one (and has been for hours).

Any ideas on this? Its a recent thing and its frustrating. The Evo will update with unread emails, but wont actually show them in the Inbox folder (or anything in All Mail).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

i will add that depending on your area there could also be something up with sprints towers.

I am in Dallas right now...3g speeds are awful today. Just 20 minutes north of here they were fine (different tower) and 45 minutes away they were fine as well.

I have read some rumors that Sprint is jacking with towers again but have not confirmed anything

Upvote 0
Yeah, that could also be the case. Are you on wifi or 3g? Have you tried both? If you're on wifi, you shouldn't be affected by any issues Sprint is having. Also, every once in a while, if I switch between wifi and 3g a lot, gmail will stop syncing until I've forced it maybe 5 times or reboot. That's somewhat rare though. Just some other things to think about.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that could also be the case. Are you on wifi or 3g? Have you tried both? If you're on wifi, you shouldn't be affected by any issues Sprint is having. Also, every once in a while, if I switch between wifi and 3g a lot, gmail will stop syncing until I've forced it maybe 5 times or reboot. That's somewhat rare though. Just some other things to think about.

Back and forth between wifi at home and 3G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones