• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail/Inbox New Character Limit?

varaonaid

Android Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2009
VT!
Hi,

I'm switching from the Samsung Note 3 (running Lollipop 5.0) to the LG G4 (Lollipop 5.1). I'm helping to beta test an app & needed to send a data log via email. I've never had issues with Gmail or Inbox cutting off how many characters I could send via email but on the Note 3, I had no trouble but the G4 cut off part of the log. I confirmed it using the same exact email back and forth between the devices. What I'm wondering is if this is due to the Android version, the app version or the device itself? Is there any way to get around this? Gmail app has always cut off certain incoming email messages that could be viewed in full by clicking the "message clipped" link but I've never experienced it on an outgoing message. Any thoughts?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones