1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Gmail inbox not syncing properly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pbjunkie87, May 21, 2010.

1. pbjunkie87

pbjunkie87 New Member

May 21, 2010
    hey guys,

i just got the Eris a couple days ago, and love it... with a few exceptions. I've been searching and searching for an answer to this, and i cant seem to find it.

When I activated my phone at the VZW store, I synced it with my gmail account. When I opened my inbox on my phone, I was surprised to see emails that i had deleted some time ago (using a computer). It synced over 2000 messages from my inbox. My first question is WHY?!? and is there a way to 'undo' that madness, and erase them all short of having to check every message's box and delete them?

Also, why when I delete a message it doesn't get deleted right away? I usually have to close out the app then reopen it and it'll be gone. Also, why when I delete a message does it still appear when I check gmail on my computer? if I delete it from the inbox using my computer/phone, shouldn't it not still be on the other device?

please answer these, as i refuse to use my gmail app on the phone till i can get the messages under control.

thanks!

Advertisement

2. BlazeD OnE

May 19, 2010
    Doesn't sound like issue I have, sorry I don't have any better info to help

3. Laceycowgrl

Laceycowgrl New Member

May 31, 2010
    I'm having the same trouble?? Help anyone?

4. Man oh man, pbjunkie.. 2000? Wow.

I have not had this issue, and I'm glad; I estimate thousands of old emails in my gmail account deleted over time.

I wish I could help, but all I keep seeing are glitches being dealt with by Google on their calendar and email syncing utilities; sometimes it even makes the news.

I doubt if it's anything to do with the phone.