• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail is not syncing contacts on my Note 7

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
  • Nov 17, 2009
    Manchester, Tennessee
    Okay folks, maybe my feeble mind is overlooking something, so I thank you in advance for enlightening me.

I try to send an email to people in my contacts, and Google will not autofill or suggest anything. I have to literally type out each address on every email I send... and I'm frankly growing weary of it. Every phone I've owned up to now, I would start typing their name and, within a letter or two, Google would pop up the name and address from contacts and I would just tap on it. Not anymore!

So what am I missing here?

If I remember correctly, the first time I tried this last week, I had to tap on something to allow Gmail permissions to access my contacts (even though half of my contacts come from that same account)

That's one thing I noticed, is that I seem to have to allow permissions everywhere on this phone, where as I don't remember it being this bad on any of my previous phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones