1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Gmail issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mayhem724, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Mayhem724

Mayhem724 Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2010
    Is anyone having any issues with gmail at all? When I first got the D3 I signed into my gmail account and got all my contacts. Ever since then I can not send or recieve anything with gmail. Ive been trying since Friday and it just doesnt work.

Advertisement

2. trayson

trayson Newbie
    None

Mar 1, 2010
    My gmail sends and recieves just fine. I had to actually set up my corporate mail and Gmail twice, because I didn't want gmail to sync contacts and I wasn't able to get this to happen the first time around.

My issue is that when I grab an email address that came from Outlook exchange via corporate sync, gmail gives it way too much formatting, resulting in an email address that bounces when sent by gmail. (although corporate mail handles it fine)

More details are described here.
    http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...corporate-sync-contacts-gmail-formatting.html

Maybe blow your gmail account away and start over?

3. Mayhem724

Mayhem724 Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2010
    I just went to delete it and start over but it wants me to factory reset the phone to remove acct. Not sure I wanan go and do that

4. trayson

trayson Newbie
    None

Mar 1, 2010
    Oh yeah, I kinda remember that. I hadn't done very much setup on mine when I did that, so it was only a minor setback for me...

Ug, I feel your pain. But my gmail sends and recieves w/o a problem, so there's hope.