• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GMail issues after update?

I have two gmail accounts and ever since I updated Froyo, I only receive notifications for one of my accounts when a new email arrives. Before I updated, I would always receive emails from both of them and get a notification when they arrived. Now on email #2 I have to manually click "refresh" to get new emails, what happened?!

Eth@n's temporary fix did not work for me. At the same forum, user "fastethanfelson" presented another fix that also did not work for me.

There are complaints about this problem on several different forums. I have to assume the folks at Google and/or Sprint are trying to identify the source of the problem and will have a software update available sooner or later.

Upvote 0
I'm not even updated to Froyo and my PRIMARY (and only) Google account stopped pushing mail 2 days ago.

I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Ditto. Gmail just doesn't sync up. I can look at my inbox, but anything I read or delete on my phone doesn't show up as read or deleted when I log in on my pc...

Unfortunately my phone is telling me that I can't remove the primary account unless I do a factory reset... Can we say P.I.T.A.?

Edit: I found this thread through a search - I actually have a Droid X, not the Evo

Upvote 0
Eth@n's temporary fix did not work for me. At the same forum, user "fastethanfelson" presented another fix that also did not work for me.

There are complaints about this problem on several different forums. I have to assume the folks at Google and/or Sprint are trying to identify the source of the problem and will have a software update available sooner or later.

Yeah, I tried the temporary fix as well. At first, I thought it worked because the secondary email pushed some emails right away, but I looked at the time stamp and it was 2 hours before I did the temporary fix.

Oh well, it's really not a huge deal for me, but hopefully they have software update fix for it at some point soon.

Upvote 0
I'm not even updated to Froyo and my PRIMARY (and only) Google account stopped pushing mail 2 days ago.

I'm interested to see how this plays out.
Glad I found this thread because it's happening to me too on my stock Incredible. Now I can stop obsessing over what I might have done to make this happen and quit trying to find the right settings to fix it.

I figure I'll wait for froyo, then if it's still happening, go ahead and do a reset then. It is annoying though. Before I got this phone, I would just check my email, like, "whenever". Now, I get frantic if that little "pa-doom" sound doesn't go off regularly.

Upvote 0
i was having the same problem - Gmail stopped automatically PUSHING post-Froyo-update on BOTH of my Gmail accounts. the solution that worked for me is a HARD RESET. ERASE/WIPE your Android phone clean and then manually reinstall everything one by one. this is the only thing that permanently fixed the post-Froyo lack of Gmail PUSH for me. the Gmail clear cache data works but ONLY TEMPORARILY (~24 hours). it's now been 2+ weeks after my hard reset and both of my Gmail accounts now PUSH sync flawlessly. my guess is that when you update the OS version you need to start clean on the Gmail sync and the only way to do this is a HARD RESET.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones