• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GMail lag?

sintricate

Sep 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Okay, sometimes when I have a picture I'd like to send someone (or even myself) using Gmail, I'll attach and send as normally done and hit send. Sometimes it works as it should and I receive the email immediately but then sometimes I'll hit send and I'll wind up getting the email like 40min later.

Has anyone else had this issue? I would hate to tell someone "Hey, I sent you that picture." and then look like an ass because my phone isn't working correctly.

This isn't a connection problem as it has happened using both 3G and WiFi. Today it happened and I totally forgot about the email and then bam, almost an hour later I get an email from myself and I'm thinking "what the hell is this?!" lol.

I have had this happen to me several times.... only with gmail though. Finally got fed up and started using dropbox for everything i wanted to get on my phone

Well knowing someone else has noticed this makes me feel a bit better. I've been using dropbox for the times where I want to grab something off my phone but there are those times where I want to send pictures to someone else.

Hope someone can come in with a fix...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones