1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General gmail messages disappear on Droid Eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vinakti, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Vinakti

Vinakti Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2009
    When I send an email to my phone (to my gmail account,) I open the attachment, and then the email disappears. And one time I archived it but then couldn't find it. Also, when I sent a bunch of pictures, it just let me download one, and then the email was totally gone. Any suggestions? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Caddyman

Caddyman Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    in the gmail app hit menu and view labels, and root around in there, they gotta be there somewhere.

3. swe3t23

swe3t23 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    Want to know what is your data synchronization settings.

Do you guys have it check on auto sync and background
    does it waste battery

4. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    This just happened to me today. I was reading an e-mail, then I had to do something else (it was at dinner, I think I was talking to someone or something, I dunno), and when I went back to my phone, the e-mail was gone. Absolutely gone, and I could not find it anywhere (tried viewing all lables, spam folder, etc)... it drove me crazy! I ended up going onto www.gmail.com and logging in there. And guess where I found the e-mail? In the "Trash" folder (or is it called Deleted? I don't remember). I moved it back to the Inbox, and all was fine.

I noticed that the "Delete" button on the e-mail is very easy to hit with your thumb/hand/palm/etc while you're holding the phone, since it's right on the edge. Then once it happens, for some reason, you can't get to it in the Gmail app (at least I haven't found it). But you can find it if you go to the Gmail website. Weird...

For your other issue, when you accidentally "Archive" an e-mail, as Caddyman suggested you can press Menu --> View Labels --> All Mail, and from there you should be able to find the message and re-mark it as Inbox (or whatever you want). You can also find it by searching for it I believe.

Hope this helps.